Pittsburgh Shakespeare in the Parks kicks off its 11th season with WEEK OF WILL, starting with the annual fundraising dinner MID-SPRING REVELS at Piccolo Forno in Lawrenceville on Mon., April 20, with drinks and appetizers and Silent Auction beginning at 6:30 pm and dinner at 7 pm.
“This is an excellent opportunity for our supporters and patrons to come out, eat delicious food, drink wine with us, and support free Shakespeare in the Steel City.” -Jennifer Tober, Artistic Director
Tickets are $65 (half of which is tax-deductible at a savings over the $75 door admission) and include dinner, drinks, entertainment, and silent auction. Contact email@example.com or order via the website to purchase a ticket.
More Week of Will Events:
- Scavenger Hunt all week via social media all week at #findwillpgh, with finale and prizes on Sat., April 26.
- Pop-Up Shakespeare Mellon Square Park, downtown, Tues., April 21, noon-1 pm.
- Bard’s Birthday Bash, hosted by Poets Corner, Calvary UM Church, Allegheny West, Wed., April 22, 7-9 pm. PSIP players are joined by colleagues from Poor Yorick’s Players, South Park Shakespeare, Unrehearsed Shakespeare Project, Steel City Shakespeare Center, and the Amish Monkeys. Refreshments and birthday cake by Mexican War Sweets. This is a pay-what-you-will admission.
- Shakespeare Statue Tribute, featuring Yvonne Hudson as Mrs Shakespeare, Carnegie Music Hall Statue, Forbes Ave., Oakland. Thurs., April 23, 12:15-1 pm.
- Shakespeare Happy Hour, featuring Jennifer Tober, Franktuary, Lawrenceville, Thurs., April 23, 5-7 pm.
- Twitter Party, Social at Bakery Square, hosted by Jeff Chips, 7-8 pm, Fri., April 24.
- Trivia Contest, Sun., April 26, on social media.
- BYOB “Bring Your Own Bard” Reading Night “Shakespeare’s Murders”, Te Cafe, Squirrel Hill, Mon., April 27, 7:30-9 pm.