This week’s Shakespeare news review includes fires, a Whovian Midsummer, Shakespearean drinks, and more Cumberbatch. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Smoke threatens Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Russell T Davies Brings Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream to BBC
- Shakespeare, Not Stirred
- Cumberbatch’s Hamlet may usher in era of blockbuster Shakespeare
- The Merry Wives of Windsor by Flint Hills Shakespeare Festival
- Benedict Cumberbatch’s Hamlet receives mixed reviews from critics
- Benedict Cumberbatch’s Hamlet earns mostly winning reviews
- Hamlet at the Barbican (reviews: Chicago Tribune | Variety)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.