NOTE: This week’s news digest is text-only (no podcast)…
This week’s Shakespeare news review
podcast includes Hiddleston and Branagh, Shylock and Othello, aging fairies, and reviews. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Actors’ Shakespeare Project announces 2017-18 season
- Hiddleston and Branagh reunite for Shakespeare’s Hamlet
- Guest opinion: OSF directors don’t trust Shakespeare
- Shylock and Othello in the time of xenophobia
- Aging fairies take the stage in Shakespeare in the Park’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Troilus and Cressida by Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival (reviews: Morning Call | Philly.com)
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Shakespeare in the Park (reviews: Broadway.com | The Daily Beast | Variety)
- The Winter’s Tale by Saratoga Shakespeare (review)
- The Winter’s Tale at the Shakespeare Institute (review)
- Cymbeline by Manila Shakespeare Company (review)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!