This week’s Shakespeare news review includes She’s the Man, monkeys typing Shakespeare, aging, and season announcements. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- She’s the Man is the greatest modern Shakespearean remake
- Monkeys ‘typed’ Shakespeare with their minds, scientists say
- Shakespeare wrote about aging: Are there helpful clues for us?
- California Shakespeare Theater announces 2017 season
- Shakespeare phenomenon
- Royal Shakespeare Company announces 2017 summer season
- Immerse yourself — Eggtooth Productions and John Bechtold allow you to experience Shakespeare’s The Winter’s Tale through immersion
- The Winter’s Tale by Seattle Repertory Theatre (review)
- The Tempest by California Shakespeare Company (review)
- Othello by Chesapeake Shakespeare Company (review)
- Much Ado About Nothing by The Faction (review)
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Sydney Theatre Company (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.